March 12, 2018
ABOUT THE SCIENTOLOGY NETWORK
The Church of Scientology has launched its own television channel—the Scientology Network. Its debut makes our programming instantly accessible to more than 20 million households across the United States and hundreds of millions more over the internet.
Airing 24/7, the Scientology Network aims to satisfy the overwhelming curiosity about our religion as evidenced by the fact that someone searches online for “Scientology” every six seconds. The new network won’t just answer people’s questions, it will take them inside the religion itself.
To accomplish that, the network offers exclusive innovative content that moves religious broadcasting in an entirely new direction. Like Scientology itself, that approach is fresh, different and dynamic. It does not seek to preach, convince or convert, but simply inform.
This new genre of religious broadcasting includes original programs that take viewers into the everyday lives of Scientologists, the Church as an institution and its organizations. These programs show our religion in action, providing not just insights into the only major religion to emerge in the last century, but also offering a fresh take on compelling television entertainment demanded by today’s digital world.
NETWORK LAUNCHES WITH SIX ORIGINAL SERIES
The Scientology Network debuts with six original series:
- Inside Scientology—takes viewers behind the scenes of the religion—its international spiritual headquarters and cutting-edge publishing houses, what happens on a typical day at a Church of Scientology and the meticulous, painstaking efforts to preserve 75 million words of our Founder L. Ron Hubbard’s religious writings and recordings for future generations.
- Meet a Scientologist—an in-depth look into the lives of individual Scientologists from the frontiers of modern art, science, sports, entertainment and more.
- I am a Scientologist—features dozens of Scientologists from every corner of the world and every imaginable occupation, giving personal accounts of how their lives have been enriched.
- Voices for Humanity—short documentaries introducing change-makers from all faiths, cultures and nations as they extend help to their communities through Scientology-sponsored humanitarian programs.
- Destination: Scientology—each episode brings the viewer inside a new Church of Scientology, showcasing the diversity of our Churches and the cooperation that weaves every Church of Scientology into the local community fabric.
- L. Ron Hubbard: In His Own Voice—presents the religion’s Founder to the world. Scientology remains the only major religion with the voice of its Founder intact, recorded in public lectures delivered over the course of a quarter-century. This series chronicles the life of L. Ron Hubbard through autobiographical vignettes in his own words and in his own voice.
FILMS EXPLORE BELIEFS AND PRACTICES
The Scientology Network will also present films on the beliefs and practices of the religion, airing the content to answer questions about our faith, philosophy and technology. They include:
- Scientology Principles—questions are answered about the most basic tenets of Scientology, explaining the fundamental beliefs and core truths of our religion.
- Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought—presenting the basic theory and practice of Scientology from the book of the same title—highlighting discoveries that enhance every aspect of life, the mind and the spirit.
- The Problems of Work: Scientology Applied to the Workaday World—illustrating the universal principles of Scientology which apply to every aspect of living and how to resolve problems encountered both in one’s professional and personal life.
- Scientology: Tools for Life—19 short films drawn from The Scientology Handbook, providing solutions to challenges in diverse areas such as marriage, children, education and communication. The program also presents free online courses corresponding to each chapter from The Scientology Handbook.
- L. Ron Hubbard Library Presents—the groundbreaking writings of L. Ron Hubbard illuminated on film, including:
- Is It Possible to Be Happy? (Narrated by L. Ron Hubbard himself)
- My Philosophy
- The True Story of Scientology
- Personal Integrity
- What Is Greatness?
- The Third Party Law
- Honest People Have Rights, Too
- Anti-Social/Social Personality
- What is Dianetics?
- Dianetics of Grief
- The Way to Happiness—L. Ron Hubbard’s moral code and common sense guide to living universally applied to anyone regardless of religion or cultural background. Brought to life on film, The Way to Happiness is the moral code Scientologists abide by each day. The book has been translated into 115 languages and distributed to more than 120 million people worldwide.
An additional 21 short films titled “Common Sense for Life” depict the precepts of The Way to Happiness.
SPOTLIGHT ON A GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN MOVEMENT
The Scientology Network will also air humanitarian documentaries that are at the core of the Church’s drug education and human rights campaigns. In addition, the network will air films exposing mental health abuses produced by the Citizens Commission on Human Rights, a global advocacy group that seeks justice for victims of psychiatric wrongdoing.
Through the work of more than 1.5 million volunteers, these initiatives have distributed information about the realities of drug abuse to over 700 million people worldwide, have brought human rights education to individuals, groups and governments in more than 190 nations and exposed and brought about groundbreaking reforms to protect individuals and families from psychiatric abuses. The result of these efforts will be showcased on the Scientology Network through the following documentaries:
TRUTH ABOUT DRUGS:
- The Truth About Drugs: Real People, Real Stories—providing personal accounts on the dangers of the most abused drugs.
- They Said, They Lied—dramatic short films debunking the lies youth hear about the most frequently used drugs.
- The Story of Human Rights—defining one of the world’s most misunderstood subjects, covering ancient history to the modern era.
- 30 Rights Brought to Life—a series of vignettes on each of the articles of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
CITIZENS COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS:
- Psychiatry: An Industry of Death—this is the shocking history of psychiatry from its origins through the decades to the present day.
- Making a Killing: The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging—exposing how psychotropic drugs fuel a $330 billion psychiatric industry—without so much as a hope of a cure.
- The Marketing of Madness: Are We All Insane?—revealing the multibillion-dollar partnership between drug companies and psychiatry that has made dangerous psychotropic drugging their cash cow.
- Diagnostic & Statistical Manual: Psychiatry’s Deadliest Scam—an exploration into psychiatry’s billing “bible” of mental disorders.
- The Hidden Enemy: Inside Psychiatry’s Covert Agenda—this film documents psychiatry’s disastrous history of irresponsibly drugging the combat soldiers who risk their lives for their country.
- The Age of Fear: Psychiatry’s Reign of Terror—explores how brutality once used to control asylum inmates has morphed into a modern-day atrocity in the form of psychiatric abuse.
CONTENT FROM SIX CONTINENTS PRODUCED IN-HOUSE
Unlike conventional TV channels, the Scientology Network produces all its television content in-house. These original programs air with no paid advertising. From scripting to shooting, editing, scoring and mixing, all productions are created by Church staff and parishioners at the Church’s multimedia digital production complex—Scientology Media Productions. Even digital media content for print magazine and social media are created at the one-of-a-kind global media center.
With the establishment of Scientology Media Productions, the Church has entered a new era of multimedia production that gave birth to its own television network.
The network is fed up-to-the-minute content, 24/7, from six continents through 20 roving correspondent teams based across the United Kingdom, Europe, Africa, Latin America, Australia, Russia, Asia as well as the United States and Canada.
SCIENTOLOGY MEDIA PRODUCTIONS:
A 21ST-CENTURY, FULLY INTEGRATED STUDIO
Housed on a five-acre complex on LA’s iconic Sunset Boulevard, the studio lot now known as Scientology Media Productions dates to 1912, making it the longest continuously running studio in Hollywood.
Purchased from public television station KCET in 2011, the studio lot had its origins making silent movies before evolving into film and television production. Now it has been entirely transformed into the most advanced digital media studio and fully integrated TV facility on Earth—geared to house all production under one roof. Each day, programming is produced from a studio complete with:
- Multiple production crews working 3 sound stages
- 136,000 square feet of studio production space
- 16 high-definition broadcast cameras with 3 production control rooms
- 20 editing suites
- 6 voice recording studios
- 4 music scoring rooms
- 2 live music recording studios
- 7 mixing rooms with 5.1 surround sound capabilities
- All of it wired together by 27 miles of fiber optic cable
- And of course, fully integrated Broadcast Master Control
UPCOMING SHOWS ALREADY IN PRODUCTION
New TV series are already in production for upcoming seasons to showcase our humanitarian programs and activities around the world in the name of countering drug abuse, human rights violations and illiteracy. New offerings will also include entertainment and talk shows, as well as an investigative series, Freedom TV.
NETWORK TO PARTNER WITH INDEPENDENT FILMMAKERS
The Scientology Network will also provide a platform for broadcasting documentaries by independent filmmakers to give them a voice where they might not otherwise have one across the airwaves.
Filmmakers who embrace a vision of building a better world will now have an avenue to potentially reach millions with their creative vision.
AVAILABLE TO WATCH ANYWHERE, ANYTIME
The Scientology Network is immediately available on satellite TV and through live streaming via:
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Mobile apps that can be downloaded for smartphones and tablets.
And will continue to expand through additional platforms in the future.